Thursday, April 05, 2018

Bits and Pieces of Our Days


Happy spring from my backyard to yours. 
Bleh. 

~~~~~

Despite the fact that spring hasn't fully arrived, Atticus has been out running (of course.) 
Last week he ran in a ten-mile race with 1,999 other people, came in 326th overall, and 2nd place in his age division. (I think they categorize our age as something like, "Old Enough to Be Called a Senior Citizen But Not Old Enough to Retire. Congratulations.") 

Anyway. I'm proud of him. The girls and I stayed with old friends and drank lots of coffee and ate scones. I was proud of us. We came in first in our division, too. We are the champions. 

~~~~~

Ramona has been drawing the imagined adventures of Kylo Ren and Rey. She calls them Kylo-Rey Doodles, and here are a couple of recent ones. The first one is called "Makeover Night": 




Porgs! 

~~~~~

On a serious note, Ramona finished reading The Diary of Anne Frank yesterday and we had to just sit down and cry for awhile together. 

~~~~~

Anne-with-an-e is truly, officially a librarian with true, official Librarian Superpowers. She told me that the other night at work, she was keeping an eye on some kids who seemed to be unattended and were starting to get just a little bit rowdy. As she pushed a book cart nearer to where the kids were, she overheard one of them say, "You guys! Is she a librarian?" The kids got quieter. A minute later, she heard, "You guys! There's a librarian coming!" and suddenly ... the Kid Noise was no more. 

~~~~~

Betsy is participating in April Camp NaNoWriMo. She's writing novel #8, I think. Or is it #9? I just asked her and she can't remember either. Lotsa novels. One of them is gonna get published one day. Perhaps it will be the one she's currently revising? She wrote it for Camp NaNoWriMo in July of 2016 and is on her third draft. I get excited for her every time I read it. It's a fantasy adventure called ... oooh, sorry! You'll have to wait till it's published to find out the title. 

~~~~~

It's April already, people! April! 
I blinked four times and March was gone. Of course, an hour was stolen from me via the inhumanity that is known as Daylight Saving Time, but still ... months shouldn't be allowed to careen out of control like that. 
And yet they keep doing it. 

~~~~~

Happy April, Happy Octave of Easter! 


4 comments:

elli said...

Running races! How wonderful that his health has improved so much!

And yes, hooray for magical librarian superpowers — also, I'd love to be a librarian, what a blissful job.

Happy Easter!!

tanita✿davis said...

Am DYING that Ren talked Kylo into a makeover. But OF COURSE she did...
I am sending sun to your backyard asap... as soon as I get some back...

I think I need librarian superpowers. Teacher superpowers never worked that well!!! And do tell Betsy to keep plugging away - I expect we'll all hear good things soon.

LifePoemsProject.com said...

Your poem affected life?! Yes, you can share your lovely poem and its great "after story" with the world... Submit now on LifePoemsProject.com

Karen Edmisten said...

Thanks, Penelope! And Tanita, I passed your cheering on to Betsy! :)